Hard to believe that I only have two more days of posting these. It has been fun for me, the having permission to go and do anything I have wanted without feeling one bit of guilt. I've got some great memories and a weekend to still add to it.
Today, for me, I:
Did nothing. So I guess there are different ways to take that. Maybe I should say, "listened to my body and did nothing" because that is what it was telling me to do. I did have a good night's sleep and woke up around 7:30. After laying there a few and realizing I was not in pain or nauseated, I grabbed my pillow and blanket and made the trek out to the couch where, except to fix some breakfast, I would spend the next 6 hours. I watched movies (Soul Surfer, Saving Mr. Banks), caught up on my Grey's Anatomy episodes, and watched Chef Ann whomp Chef Steve in Chopped All-Stars on the Food network.
I colored, texted, channel surfed, and when my eyeballs got heavy, took the trek back into bed and slept for a few hours. I awoke to realize I smelled like a sweaty goat (and yes, I do know what that smells like in real life) and since a hot shower sounded really good, I went for it. I did not anticipate just how much that would wear me out. Wow. Had I not had food in the oven, I may have just skipped drying off and dressing myself, and crawled back into bed wet. I'm still not sure how I am managing to stay awake.
I feel better today and am so thankful for that. No pain really, just some aching from time to time. Not that kicked in the crotch by steel-toe-boots like back in January (thank goodness!!). I'm not getting too excited yet as with me it is not the next day that things catch up, it is the day after that. Therefore, the big test will be if I wake up tomorrow and all is well. The nausea was gone by late afternoon yesterday although dinner is trying to decide if it is going to settle nice or not. It is my guess that at this point, any stomach issues can be pointed toward all the ibuprofen I've been eating. I'm not really supposed to be taking it after my bariatric surgery - the smaller stomach surface is a higher risk for irritation, yet it does the trick and so it is a compromise.
Therefore, I did nothing today...except take care of me, and we all know that is not a task I do too often. I seem to be getting better at it though. There could be a future in this. I have much more on my mind and had hoped to share some of it, yet my body is starting to ache which tells me it is time to crawl in bed and call it a night. Sleep tight everyone!